Introducing the UK Innovation Report
The UK Innovation Report benchmarks the UK’s industrial and innovation performance in a global context. It brings together, for the first time in a single place, innovation and value-added indicators in a concise and accessible format.
There is a pressing need to support a swift economic and social recovery from COVID-19. In addition, the UK faces increasing international competition; erosion of market share in key industries; hollowing out of supply chains; the need to reduce carbon emissions; and regional imbalances. Innovation is critical to tackling all of these challenges.
Exploring key questions
Are the UK government and the private sector spending enough on R&D?
Are UK key industries becoming more or less competitive internationally?
Is the UK producing enough scientists and engineers?
How does all of this compare to the performance of other countries?
Join us as we present and discuss the report, joined by a panel of key figures from the UK innovation landscape. Speakers include:
- Lord David Sainsbury - Chancellor of the University of Cambridge and former Minister of Science and Innovation
- Professor Tim Minshall - Dr John C Taylor Professor of Innovation & Head of the Institute for Manufacturing
- Dr Eoin O’Sullivan - Director, Centre for Science, Technology and Innovation Policy
- Dr Carlos López-Gómez - Head of the Policy Links Unit
- Ivana Dimitrova - Senior Economist, Economy & Strategic Analysis, Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Ben Fletcher - Executive Director of Policy and Engagement, Make UK
Watch the event from 9 February 2021